The East Africa Tourist Visa is a single entry visa for foreigners visiting Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda simultaneously. It is multi-entry within the three countries; however, this expires automatically if a traveler goes outside of the three (3) countries.
This visa is a result of a joint initiative made by the Heads of States of the respective partner countries to boost regional tourism and create opportunities for tourists to explore the diversity of East Africa. A tourist who gets the East Africa Tourist Visa must start travel from the country that has issued the Visa.
A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism purposes. The visa will be issued at any of the diplomatic representations of Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda, at the immigration offices of the respective countries or on-line where applicable.
Type of visa: An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entry (within the three countries) visa and shall be valid for 90 days.
1. An application for an East Africa Tourist Visa may be made manually or online by submitting EATV Form 1.
2. The application may be made prior to the intended date of travel or on arrival at the first port or entry into Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda where applicable. Applications can also be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
Kenya: For those beginning their trip in Kenya, you can find information on the visa application process on the consular section of your local Kenya embassy’s website.
Rwanda: For those beginning their trip in Rwanda, you can apply through the Rwanda Online Visa Application System. Under “Type of Visa” select “East Africa Tourist Visa.” For more information, contact your local Rwanda Embassy.
Uganda: For those beginning their trip in Uganda, you can find information on the visa application process on the consular section of your local Uganda Embassy’s website.
3. Every application for an East Africa Tourist Visa shall be accompanied with the East Africa Tourist Visa fee of one hundred United States Dollars (100 USD) or its equivalent.
Dependents: All persons must apply in their own right.
Travel document: Any genuine acceptable travel document valid not less than 6 months.
Visa Fees: 100 USD or its equivalent.
Validity of Visa: 90 days from the date of issue.
Work or No Work: Work is not permitted
Visa Extension: An East Africa Tourist Visa shall not be extended.
Multi-entry/ Single entry: The Visa is a single entry Visa; but it is multiple entry within the Partner states only. It elapses when one moves out of the Partner States.
1. One clear colored passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps and scurf; (the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable).
2. A complete filled application form.
3. Visa application letter addressed to the issuing authority of the concerned country.